Sunday, December 12, 2010

With Everything

Have you ever had one of those days where the world tells you all your goals are impossible, and the cry of your heart is meaningless?  Well that was today for me.  I had practically a full ride at 3 different colleges.  I dropped out of college.  Yeah, that's exactly what I did.  I'm not sorry either.  My God called me.  I'm going to follow with everything.  It would be silly not to listen at this point.
I'm supposed to go to bible college.  My parents do not wish to pay for this endeavor.  I get that.  I have to prove to them I'm willing to work, and that I will not quit.  It makes sense.  "Never never never give up." -Winston Churchill.  Ok.  I won't.  Sometimes it seems like they have absolutely no faith in me, and their disappointment can sometimes feel a bit oppressive.  Yet, I get where they're coming from.  I don't have much faith in me either.  I do however, have faith in God.
With God my goals are not impossibilities.  My goals are close approaching realities.  My goals are biblical.  The goal is justice, and a lifestyle of worship.  Isaiah 1:17 combined with psalm 57:7-11.  That pretty much covers it.  "Stop doing wrong,  learn to do right! Seek justice, encourage the oppressed. Defend the cause of the fatherless, plead the case of the widow."  Yeah let's!  "My <3 is steadfast (if it's not make it so) I will sing and make music.  Awake, my soul!  Awake, harp and lyre! I will awaken the dawn.  I will praise you, O Lord, among the nations; I will sing of you among the people.  For great is your love, reaching to the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies.  Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let your glory be over all the earth." That's my goal and what that looks like at this moment is working three jobs to pay for bible college.  Going to bible college at IHOPU.  Being equipped as the worship leader that I am.  Starting my band.  Sharing the vision.  Raising support.  Going to the nations.  Living Isaiah 1:17 AND Psalm 57:7-11.  Changing the world...
A man of God, and worship leader I've come to respect and appreciate said:  "If leading worship is just about bringing a group of people into a room so we can get goosebumps and sing songs together, there’s not much value in that. But if leading worship is a means to an end, that we leave this place as a different kind of people, as part of a new humanity that God wants to create – the people that are caring for the widows and orphans, that aren’t bound by the systems of this world but becoming free, becoming fully engaged in our world – then that matters.” --Michael Gungor...  That very strong statement made me think.  When I lead.  If I lead.  That's the kind of worship I want to come from me.  worship is giving worth to something.  My King has great worth.  Giving him worth should inspire action and transform hearts.  Our worship should cast out demons, and heal sickness.  True worship should create an environment in which lives are forever changed by glory.  Because once you experience that magnitude of love in His presence you cannot remain normal.  You cannot be content with anything less than miraculous, and this is not meaningless.   

No comments:

Post a Comment