Wednesday, September 14, 2011

FACT: God is LOVE.

I’ve been noticing a lot of hopeless statements, and feelings of emptiness expressed in various forms, (mostly via Facebook and Twitter) and it breaks my heart.  A lot of times people won't come out and say “I hate my life; I need something.”  Sometimes though you can tell by the level of militant, blind rage toward Christian statements in general.  These people have most likely been hurt...  Or burned.  Maybe they blame God for some negative event or maybe they’ve met a few cranky old “Fire & Brimstone” type Christians that are all about judgment and GODS MIGHTY HAND OF VENGENCE you know. . .  The Jonah’s out there sitting on a cliff watching/waiting for God to rain fire on Nineveh.  Breathe.  He’s not going to do it.  He’s still trying to get your attention.  If you’ve sinned (which you have this is inevitable you’re not alone.  I do it too) he want’s repentance, but He never once thinks about cutting off that love that He’s had for you since the moment He thought of creating you.  Nothing can separate you from the love of Christ, and that is fact.    
Seriously, this school of thought that “God is this violent kid with a magnifying glass and I’m a tiny little ant and awww creash it’s sunny out today” kills me.  Cause I know this man that they’re talking about, and they’ve got him all wrong.  My man is a lover of weak, tired and battered people.  He desperately wants the real Him to be seen.  He gives hope.  He has joy that’s real, and most of all.  Above all.  The man loves.  Did I mention this man is a lover.   He loves you. He loves you indefinitely.  I get that I’m being redundant, and frankly I don’t really care.  LOVE!  He loves. 
He loves you so much that he sent his son Jesus his equal to die a seriously intense death on a cross (Phil. 2:5-8) That’s how they used to kill people who screwed up, like big.  Jesus didn’t screw up. . . ever.  
In the Old Testament (the beginning of the Bible) God is a big scary guy who needs sacrifice, or you get stoned.  If you screw up you’re executed.  Uhm, last time I checked God didn’t particularly enjoy doing that therefore He sent his son.  His son dies on a cross after living a life without sin.  So now you can sin and there is this thing called grace.  We recognize that we’ve sinned we backtrack to the God that loves us, and we repent.  You’ve got a clean record.  That my darlings is the beauty of God’s grace.  We don’t deserve it, at all… ever.  However, he LOVES YOU!  

No comments:

Post a Comment